Dead Sea contains lot of salt and is very rich in minerals. Salt, created by the natural process of evaporation of water from lakes, mixes with the sea water and produces a composition of natural minerals. The compounds so produced are refined by solar radiations which neutralise sodium chloride and rich compounds remain on sea bed. As per the researchers, Dead Sea mud contains 26 minerals, the majority of which are not found in other sea or ocean beds. Some of the minerals have unique qualities and give feeling of relaxation and provide nourishment to our skin. These also help activate our blood circulation and rectify metabolic disorder.
Minerals constitute only a small portion of our body weight but they play a very important role in cell development. These minerals help building of bones and improve hormonal activity in the body. Like vitamins, minerals are not produced by our body and we depend upon external sources like food. Minerals are also absorbed by the skin when applied externally. It is here that Dead Sea mud comes in play to provide all essential minerals to our body.
Due to it being rich in minerals like potassium, manganese, sodium, bromine and calcium, for ages it has been acclaimed beneficial for our body. Application of layer of this mud helps to:
- Treat skin ailments such as acne, eczema and skin rashes etc.
- It helps to tighten skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It also hydrates our skin and moisturises it to the deepest level possible.
- It has a remarkable exfoliating effect and by rubbing with mud from the sea, dead cells are removed and new cells come to replace them and give youthful look.
- Small granules in Dead Sea mud, when used as a scrub, clean and detoxify pores of the skin by sucking out toxins.
- Due to the presence of large number of natural minerals it helps treat arthritis and bone inflammation. It helps reduce stress, fatigue and sleeplessness.
- Cell metabolism is increased to a great extent. As a result of this the body absorbs nourishment and eliminates toxins.
Specific benefits of minerals found in Dead Sea mud on our body are:
- Sodium is suitable for dry skin
- Magnesium helps skin healing and reduces allergic reaction
- Potassium helps nervous system and moisturises the skin
- Bromide is relaxing and repairs skin
- Iodine helps increase energy and cell metabolism
- Calcium is essential for bone strength
- Zinc regulates enzymes
To sum up, this mud gently cleans delicate skin tissues and opens up pores.