Medical science can sculpt your body to an amazing degree. Liposuction for a slimmer you, lasers, hair transplants etc. are used to enhance beauty. Lips too can be made more shapely using injections and surgery. This is called lip augmentation. Some lotions and creams are meant for use by need, and the effect is for a couple of hours. The effect of injections last for up to six months. Surgery is a more permanent method.
You should gather all information you can about lip augmentation and then decide which method you want to go in for. There are some things you should keep in mind before you go in for changing your look.
- The change you are contemplating is on your face and will be very visible. Should anything go wrong, it will be very noticeable.
- Both the injections and the surgery will be painful. No medical procedure is without risk so you should be prepared that the pain may last a long time.
- Since chemicals and fillers are used for lip augmentation, you may suffer from an allergic reaction. There will not be much that you will be able to do to normalise or reverse the condition.
- Some processes like injections in the lips will have to be repeated at intervals as their effect wears off after a few months. This will mean discomfort again and again.
- Repeated procedures will mean that much extra cost. Any cosmetic surgery is anyway expensive so the cost will have to be factored in even if going in for a one time surgery.
However, there is a brighter side. If things go according to plan, then getting the augmentation done will increase your self esteem. You will feel good about yourself and be happier. You will feel more positive and confident and your outlook towards life will change.
You will find it easier to make friends and consequently have a more active social life. You will start going out more and meet new people. Your social circle will expand. Looking and feeling good may enhance your sex life as well. You will feel that you are looking attractive. A happy person is a satisfied person. Your personality may undergo a change for a better.
There are many options to choose from if you want to change thin lips into fuller lips or want to add a pout to your lips. So search diligently for what you want in the amount you can afford. Look for word of mouth references and select the best option that you feel will work for you. Remember you will have to live with your decision so think carefully and choose the best possible.