Everybody seems to be on a spree to buy anti-aging products. They spend time and money on what they think are safe natural products which are bound to do them a world of good in their quest to look young and beautiful. They shun all chemical products, shuddering at the thought of the side effects. Disillusionment sets in after using the so called natural products as either they do not have the desired effect, or you get rashes when you use them.
The causes may be manifold. Most cosmetic products, even though they are made from natural ingredients have preservatives in them to prevent them from getting spoiled. They have to sit in shop shelves before being purchased and then need to remain fit for use for a couple of months after the purchase. The preservatives used are often known to have cancer causing agents.
If paraffin wax and petroleum jelly have been added to the natural anti-aging products, then it is not likely to be absorbed by your skin. These mineral oils form a coating on your skin that remains on top of it. They are not able to penetrate the skin, rendering the efficacy of the anti-aging product low.
No doubt there are natural products that are very effective in delaying and healing age related problems, but they are often expensive. Unscrupulous companies add just a small portion of the natural product to their creams to cut down on cost. When you use these creams, you do not get the young skin they promised because the natural anti aging products are ineffective in such tiny quantities.
In order not to spend your money on the wrong product keep these things in mind-
- Read all product labels carefully. See the quantity of ingredients the product contains.
- Avoid skin irritating products like salicylic acid especially if you have a sensitive skin.
- Use products with fewer ingredients. The more ingredients there are, greater the chance of other things being mixed in the product.
- Go in for hypoallergenic products as they have been tested for sensitive skin.
- Products containing vitamin C and E are effective as both of these are antioxidants.
- Alpha-hydroxy acids are safe. They are found in milk and fruits and help to exfoliate the skin and bring new skin cells to the surface.
- Use products containing alpha-lipoic acid. These stimulate cell repair and remove fine lines and wrinkles.