Aging directly affects many parts and functions of our body. Skin is the biggest organ of our body and there is no question of it not being affected by age. With the advancement of age the skin tends to lose it elasticity. Production of collagen which helps to keep our skin firm also decreases. In addition to ageing there can be other factors which may make our skin loose, these being very quick loss of weight or effect of some sickness or medicines.
When the skin loses its elasticity, the impact is first noticed on the face, arms and abdomen. Skin starts to hang from the elbows and the arms. Exercise does have its affect on the hanging skin, and the results can be seen over a period of time. Exercises that will have their affect to tighten the loose arms skin are:
- To reduce the flab under the arms first of all it is necessary to tone up tricep muscles. This cluster of muscles is found on the back of the arms and connects shoulders with elbows. While bending forward with back parallel to the floor, lift the dumbbell with arm at 45 decrees angle. The elbow should be close to the waist. Pause in this position for a few seconds and repeat with the other arm. This cycle should be repeated 15 times a day.
- Dip exercises also help reduce loose skin of elbows. Sit firmly before a seat with your hands firmly holding the edges. The legs should be stretched out and feet kept parallel to ground. Lower your body while bending the elbows then push your body back to complete one cycle. Repeat for about 15 times.
- Pushing up and down of the barbell will help tone up the skin. This machine is available in a gymnasium. While lying down on the machine pull and push both the barbells of the machine simultaneously. To start with, keep the tension moderate and slowly increase the tension. It will be better to start under the guidance of an expert who will be able to suggest the level of weights and tension to be kept.
- Exercising your arms using dumbbells will help. This exercise is called hammer curl exercise. Keeping the feet slightly spread you have to pick dumbbells one at a time to the shoulder level in slow motion. This exercise can be repeated 10 to fifteen times at one go.
- Reverse push ups are old and traditional exercise being done for centuries for firming up arms and back muscles. You have to lie on your stomach and keep the hands near the chest. The body has to be pushed up using the strength of the arms.
While doing the exercises remember to keep the body hydrated and eat nutritive fat free food. The muscles and loose skin will start to firm up in days.